begins the week after labor day
- No rushing the QB. The QB is down after 4 seconds if a pass has not been thrown.
- No blocking at any time
- The ball carrier is down after a one-hand touch
Click here for the SportsIowa 7v7 Official Rules list. Fast and fun, a Passing League is ideal for younger players to learn the game and for older players to work on the ‘skill’ positions that make football the most watched sport in America.
- Signup as an individual on the Ames Park and Rec website: Youth Football Signup. Follow the link and click on "Football" and then "Search".
- League runs for 6 weeks. During the first two weeks we'll work on rules, skills and play some short fun games
- Starting week 3, our coaches will divide the kids into teams and play games during the last 4 weeks. Youth League Rules
- Grades 1-3: 5:30-7:00pm
- Grades 4/5: 7:15-8:45pm
- $80/player which includes a SportsIowa Team tshirt
- Signup as an individual on the Ames Park and Rec website: "Click here to register"
- The season runs on Tuesday nights starting September 11 for 6 weeks from 6-9pm
- 6 teams in the league
- One game will be played each week with 2 x 18 minute halve and a 5 minute half time
- Single game play off in week 6