Tournament has been cancelled .
- 9am start on Feb 23. Doors open at 8:15am
- Up to 8 teams in the tournament.
- Single pool game for seeding followed by a consolation elimination tournament bracket. Total of 4 games for each team.
- Games start on the hour
- Hard stop at 50 minutes. Score rolls back to the end of the previous inning if in the top half, or if the home team is losing in the bottom half. Otherwise the score stands at 50 minutes.
- Pool play ranking is wins, points, opponent points (higher value wins), date/time the tournament was entered.
- SportsIowa Official loads the pitching machine and calls the points. Parent volunteer from each team keeps scoresheet and clock.
- Extra innings (none in pool play) One extra inning played normally. Extra innings after that are sudden death. A player from each side bats until a point differential happens. i.e, Team A batter gets 2 points and Team B batter gets two points, then go to the next batter. This continues until one batter does better than the other
- $60 entry/team. $3 gate fee at the door. Note: This is not a USSSA sanction event. That's our league starting in March.
- Each team must have a minimum of 5 players and maximum of 7. 5 players bat each inning. Players may swap in/out of lineup whenever they like.
- Pitches are by pitching machine, throwing straight pitches.
- All pitches are strikes.
- Points are scored based on hit locations (scored from 0 points up using the first condition satisfied)
Points Hit Result 0 points strikeout, 4 foul balls 1 points balls that bounce more than once in the infield,
fly balls that hit the net in the infield,
2 points fly balls that hit the net beyond the diamond,
more than one hop to the wall/center net
3 points one hop to the wall/center net 4 points line drive to the wall/center net below 8’ 5 points line drive to the net above the wall/center net above 8’